Official Rules and Regulations
Celebrity Judges 2015
Armando Romero, Mission Foods
Dean Jacobson-General Manager, San Marcos Brewing Company
Erica Falkner, TRS
Jenny Cavelier, TRS
Chief Richard Barlow, US Border Patrol
- Teams can have up to 8 members. Team registration fee covers admission, does not include vote markers
- Guacamole must be prepared on site. Teams will be provided with avocados, onions, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, limes, cilantro and
- Teams must provide their own seasoning spices, secret ingredients, etc. along with mixing & mashing bowls & utensils, cutting boards and serving bowls. A large ice filled bowl can be used to chill your guacamole. Please bring your own ice.
- Teams are encouraged to decorate their table to enhance their presentation. The public will vote for the team with the best presentation.
- Things to bring: Gloves, Knives, Spoons, Cutting Boards, Bowls, Spices, Table Covering
- Family & friends are invited to come & sample and judge for a $5 donation - tortilla chips provided along with stickers to vote for their favorite team in each category. They can purchase additional stickers for $5. Vote early & often!
- Based on the public voting, the top 3 teams in each division will remake their recipe for the judges. The top finisher in each division will be entered in the final round.
- The one team that receives the most write-in votes by the public will win the People’s Choice Award. The People’s Choice Award winner, if not already voted into the medal round for their category, will be added as the fourth team in that category competing in the medal round.
Note: In order to vote for the People’s Choice Award, the voter must be present to cast the write-in vote and there is only one vote per person, (no buying of People’s Choice Award votes)
The teams competing in the medal round will be provided 12 avocados (including vegetables) and given 12 minutes to prepare their recipe in front of our official judges Vegetables used in the medal round may not be pre-chopped prior to the start of the round.
Note: Prior to the start of the official judging, a bowl of guacamole will be collected from each team for later use in the trophy round
Gold, Silver or Bronze medals will be awarded to the teams determined to have made the best guacamole in the medal round, as voted by our celebrity judges.
- The previously collected guacamole of the four Gold medal winners will be used in the trophy round
- Trophy Round: The guacamole recipe voted to be the best overall by our celebrity judges will be awarded the “Guacamole Cup” trophy, bragging rights for the next year and the captain receives an avocado-green Culinary Jacket.
Information about 2015 Challenge...
SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes (S4EA) is a community based sports program serving over 1,400 athletes with developmental disabilities ages 5 through adult in San Diego County
The purpose of SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes is to create enhanced opportunities for people with and without disabilities to interact and form lasting bonds of friendship through shared sports and recreational activities in their community.
I practice hard. I do my best…
I play with Pride.. You”ll be impressed!
We are SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes.